Thursday, June 17, 2004

What's Up
I've spent the last two weeks painting flags for our church's VBS program, which begins in 10 days. I'm making 33 full-size, two-sided flags representing 33 different countries. I've really enjoyed the work and have learned many new flags! I love working on VBS decorations because I always meet new friends and strengthen existing relationships through the time we spend together working side by side. I work at the church most mornings and other people are there, too. The children have fun playing together and we chat and create, chat and create. Our VBS is a big production. It takes a lot of work, but it is fun, so it doesn't seem like work. And the children love it! I'm making flag poles out of wrapping paper rolls painted silver and strung on to thin poles used for last year's VBS. They truly look like real flagpoles when finished. But so far, I only have enough rolls to make 9 poles, and I need to make 33 poles. So, if you have any rolls (paper towel or wrapping paper) I can use, PLEASE let me know!!! I'm desperate!
And if your children aren't enrolled, you can enroll them here. Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->