Monday, August 30, 2004

Full Stop Motherhood
Its been quite the motherly week for me. My son started kindergarten, I took all 3 cats to the veterinarian for their yearly shots, I took the boys for haircuts, we've got the wading pool out....you get the picture. Today, in particular, was a lovely mother day for me. First I buckled Colin in our friend's car for his first carpool ride to school. I watched Spencer's diving/airplane show on the bed, and then we took off to the nursery for half-price perenials and crape myrtle. Once the car was full of flowers, we did our carpool pick-up duty and came home for an afternoon in the garden. We just took out a chain link fence that ran right through the middle of a very nicely designed garden bed, complete with a concrete border. The fence had been covered with honeysuckle, so my duty today was to remove the roots and move dirt to another bed that had no dirt (long story involving the city, the phone company, the electric company and lots of heavy equipment). I spent 4 hours digging roots out of my lawn and transferring dirt, but ran out of steam before I got to the garden bed! There's always tomorrow.

Dinner was spaghetti and meatballs and then the boys took off to Mardel for the latest Veggie Tale's video. I sat on the back porch and watched the birds examine my new crape myrtle while I did my Bible study. I could hear the little league team hitting balls at the school yard, the cicadas getting ready for bed, and children playing down the street. The cool (presumably Colorado) wind blew through my hair. And my children came running up to me with their new video.

Perfect.

1 Comments:

Blogger Babs said...

Sounds like the life of a mother alright.

Did you have to (er I mean get to) watch the Veggie Tales video?

11:59 PM, August 31, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->