Tuesday, January 25, 2005

I Promise...
My son attends a private Christian school. The Headmaster sent home a covenant for parents this week and asked that at least one parent sign it. I think it is a wonderful model for all Christians, so I am sharing it here.

I understand, agree and will commit to:

-guide my child through a Biblical worldview, recognizing the school as a supportive partner. (Deut. 6:5-7; Col. 2:8; Matt. 22:37)

-pray earnestly for the school, its families, faculty, staff and administration. (James 5:16)

-serve the school in whatever capacity my time, talents, and gifts will allow, as a result of my growing personal faith in Jesus Christ. (Mark 10-:43-45)

-live my calling to a higher standard of conduct as evidenced in my thoughts, my words, and my behavior both in school and to the outside community, because as a Christian community the school bears witness to the character of the Lord Jesus Christ. (Eph. 4:1) As Christ's follower, I will not engage in a lifestyle of adultery, homosexual activity, alcohol abuse, the illegal use/sale of drugs or any other illegal act.

-preserve unity in the body by seeking to resolve any conflict within the school community by addressing the matter appropriately with the person or persons directly involved. (Matt. 18:15-17)

-look for the good in my child's behavior and to praise him for demonstrating Christ-like character. (1Cor. 13:4-7)

-communicate lovingly to the other parents when I have valid concerns about their child's behavior, so that each of us as parents may guide our children to grow in Christ-like character. (Col. 3:12-17)

-attend school-related meetings designed to foster a community of school parents who are more equipped to work with the school and one another, to educate our children, and to be more unified in our ability to encourage one another in this high calling. (Heb. 10:25)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->