Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Best Valentine's Day Ever
I didn't say, "most romantic," mind you, but it was full of love, which is what it is all about. Colin awoke excited to get to school to see his classmates for Valentine's Day. He dutifully put on his red shirt and headed out the door with a backpack full of homemade Valentines. (He made small drawings of Veggie Tales for each child and had me write on the back: "Make new friends and you'll be happy." We put them inside foam 'fortune cookies.')

When I arrived at the school for the class Valentine party, Colin ran to me and nearly knocked me over with a big hug. He was pure joy! I had brought a craft for the children (little mice made from hearts), and he was very proud to have me in charge. His mouse got three eyes and it was HILARIOUS (to him).

Late in the afternoon James came home and we went for a family Valentine picnic (Colin's idea). We sat on a big red blanket in the park and exchanged cards and gifts. Colin got three books: planets, flags and animals. Spencer got one book and two race cars. They were jumping up and down, hugging each other, hugging us and calling us the best parents ever!! After we ate, the boys played on the playground equipment and I heard Colin proclaim as he was running by, "This is the best day ever!"

WOW.

After the boys were asleep, James and I watched the movie he rented: "Danny Deckchair." It was a great date movie that made us laugh out loud several times. I highly recommend it, but suggest you don't read much about it beforehand. I will tell you its an Australian comedy/romance film made in 2003. It is light-hearted, quirky and fun. A great little romp.

Sometimes you try to make a holiday great, and sometimes greatness just happens.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not sure if "Romp" is the best word for you to describe your Valentines Day evening. Anyway, sounds like I missed a great day. I wish that we could have joined in the fun! Miss you guys and the boys...

M.B. Tulsa

8:10 PM, February 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->