Sunday, February 06, 2005

Satan's Minions
I stumbled across an interesting site last night and haven't stopped thinking about it. The purpose of the site's ministry share the Gospel and shatter Satan's lies. It is the shattering of Satan's lies that has me interested.

The website has detailed accounts of the ways Satan has used certain celebrities to deceive the masses. It includes detailed arguments that rock and roll IS controlled by Satan, and it also shows how Satan may be using the powerful to twist God's Word, leading people down a rosy path to eternal destruction.

The first article I read was about Ozzy Osbourne, who admits he has sold his soul to the devil, that he is living in anguish and that he discerns Satan working through him. One section deals with the musical power of his song "Suicide Solution" and the effect it has on listeners. It is very scary. During worship this morning I had a better understanding of what my salvation means to me, and I thanked God that I was His and had Him working through me, and not Satan.

Another article I read was about Oprah Winfrey. Her tale is not so scary until one considers that she draws a completely different audience than Ozzy Osbourne. Oprah talks about God, she does good works and she is highly likeable. These characteristics combined with her power make her more likely to be followed than Ozzy. It is important for Christians to discern her theological messages in relation to Bible truths.

I admit it all sounds...well, "out there." But, I do believe the Bible, and the Bible warns us about these things. Its worth taking a look at this site for yourself. Let me know what you think.
via Walking Circumspectly

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

I'm so glad that the Lord used some of those articles to expose the enemy's deception in our culture.

My husband and I used to be VERY into rock and roll before we were saved (and before we saw this info).

I enjoyed seeing what your thoughts were about it. :)

10:19 PM, February 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->