Tuesday, April 05, 2005

The Wind is Sweeping Down the Plains!
For those of you who have never been to Oklahoma, let me assure you it can be quite windy here! Normally I enjoy the wind because it has such a pleasant cooling effect. Today, however, was a different story. You could see the pollen swirling around, as if your nose hadn't already told you it was there! Instead of tumbleweeds, I saw papers and boxes and plastic sheeting tumbling by. The most amusing effect was on the tax preparation company's air-filled statue of liberty. Her head was blown back as if she were fainting from seeing the tax return, and her torch was falling to the side. The people who made that thing didn't have any idea what an Oklahoma wind could do to it!

My lilacs bloomed today! I look forward to this day the year around, but I couldn't enjoy it today. The allergens have kept me indoors. I did sneak out for a whiff, but couldn't smell a thing through the conjestion! But, in honor of their blooms, I give you last year's attempt at Easter portraits in the back yard by the lilacs:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jan-

When I was growing up, we loved windy days......I mean REALLY windy days like yesterday. We would take a twin sheet, tie it around our waist then hold the remaining two corners in each hand and hold it up like a sail. Then we tried to run into the wind, and it was soooo fun! If we were at Grandma's on the gravel driveway it would scoot us backwards on the rocks! I have "handed down" the fun idea to Jenna and her friends. I had to smile yesterday when they were all in the backyard, sheets a'sailing, skinny legs sticking out from under the "sails", and loud laughter abounding! I'll have Steve scan a pic and email it to you! -Sandy

4:35 PM, April 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->