Thursday, June 09, 2005


Have I told you about my favorite catalog? (Okay, well, it ties for first place with Pottery Barn). If I lived in the Pacific Northwest I would definitely go to work for this company! They sell reproduction house parts and lighting for historic homes (1890-1960). I keep all copies and look through them from time to time. I love the hardware most of all, but the light fixtures thrill me, too. See that light switch plate in the lower left corner? That's the kind of light switch my grandfather had in his house. Two buttons protruded, each inlayed with mother of pearl. (Those are also in the photo just under the words "2005 Resource") The top button turned the light on and the bottom button turned it off. They were so much more interesting and rich than our present-day plastic flip switches. If you like this sort of stuff and want to look on-line, go here.
Posted by Hello

5 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

One of the old houses I lived in for two years had those push button switches. I LOVED them! Reminded me of MY grandparents.

Who decided to switch to switches?

7:24 PM, June 09, 2005  
Blogger Ranee @ Arabian Knits said...

Alright. I have lived in both OK and the PNW. I was raised mostly in Oregon and now live in Washington. Move here. You can work for these people, have the lovely fixtures, and as a bonus, I will teach you to knit. We need more Christian lawyers here anyway.

9:28 PM, June 09, 2005  
Blogger Jan said...

Ranee,
While you were typing your comment I was looking over the website for Long Beach Peninsula. I had forgotten about the Rejuvenation post and momentarily thought someone knew I was dreaming about Washington! Ha!

Washington is a beautiful state. I was there when Mt. St. Helens erupted! We love Oklahoma and have no plans to move, but if we come, I'm taking you up on the knitting lessons!

9:52 PM, June 09, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jan, are you familiar with "Restoration Hardware" (I think that's the name) in Utica Square in Tulsa?

6:04 PM, June 11, 2005  
Blogger Jan said...

Lisa,
I've seen the catalog, but have never been to the store. The catalog seems to be more like pottery barn and less actual hardware, but I do like it! I'd love to visit the store. I didn't know there was one in Utica, but I'll visit it next time I'm in Tulsa. Thanks for the tip!
J

6:44 PM, June 11, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->