Saturday, June 11, 2005

Random Thoughts

I'm feeling kinda down this week. Yesterday was my dad's birthday and next week if Fathers Day. June has always been a big "dad" time, so its a rough spot this year. Also, for those of you who don't already know, James' dad died two years ago on Fathers Day....so it is rough on him, too. Mostly I feel like just laying around, staring into space and thinking. Something about having two young boys prevents me, though.

I took the boys by Lake Hefner today to watch the body sailers (surely not the correct name, but that's just my descriptive term). They didn't really care about watching middle-aged men try to get their "kites" in the air (probably because they weren't very successful today), but instead indulged in finding shells and crab claws. Amazingly, there were a lot to be found. It was nice to sit outside next to the breezy lake.

James participated in a triathalon this morning. The street was blocked for the race, but policemen were hired to allow cars to cross the street at a few intervals. Apparently one of the policemen was not a good judge and he allowed a car to pull out right in front of James. To avoid the car, James turned quickly, which caused him to topple over, his feet still clipped into the pedals, and slide right in front of the car. Luckily, the car stopped two feet short of James. Of course, James' bike was twisted up so he was out of the race and came home with big bruises and scrapes on his hip.

Peanut butter M&Ms aren't nearly as good as plain old M&Ms.

I worked a few hours today while my boys visited my mom. Panera Bread is a nice place to read cases. Free refills, excellent bagels and classical music.

Speaking of M&Ms, Spencer came into me this morning moaning, "Mommy, my tummy hurts." He curled up in my arms and collapsed before he said quietly, "Only neminems will make me feel better."

Wise boy.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor James! How frustrated he must be.

BTW, James the tender engine is Elijah's favorite of all the engines in Thomas's gang (over even Thomas himself). This must be because he knows a nice man named James!

10:46 PM, June 11, 2005  
Blogger Five Dream Weavers (Betsey) said...

Let me know if there is anything I can do for you!!!

1:36 PM, June 12, 2005  
Blogger Melodee said...

Almond M&Ms. Yum. On a serious note, I send empathetic hugs to you--I have no dad, no grandfathers, either anymore. My dad's been gone 16 years. :(

12:11 AM, June 13, 2005  
Blogger Judy said...

Dark chocolate peanut M&M's.

Yum.

12:21 PM, June 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->