Thursday, February 02, 2006

1978

I've been thinking a lot about 1978 lately. It was a pivotal year in my life and some recent events have revealed to me how 1978 really changed me - some for the good and some for the bad. I'm working on the story, some of which I'll share here with you and some of which I'm writing only for my own catharsis. The details about what is important to me are clear, but I wonder if some of you might be willing to share your own memories from 1978 on your blog or in my comments. What music did you like? What were you wearing? Do you remember the name of that pink perfume - something like BabyLove? What did you do for fun and what kind of shoes did you like? Did you have a fro? What did you watch on TV? What was going on with you in 1978?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wore Baby Soft perfume. It was an interesting time. Love the Valentines!

9:03 AM, February 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I had a fro. With my naturally curly hair it was the only option, since parted in the middle & straight down was the other fashionable choice. And being in 7th grade, fashion was becoming important! ;-)

8:54 PM, February 02, 2006  
Blogger CGHill said...

I got married, which was probably a mistake.

We had a child, which wasn't.

7:59 PM, February 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okie dokie Jan---I was not even around in 1978--so here's what i figured i was probably doing in my mama's belly waiting for my big welcoming party. I was probably dancing and squirming and doing my infamous happy/noodle dance...I was probably dreaming big dreams and thinking that God is the coolest of the cool. So yeah. Now that I think of it...1978 was super great!

10:31 PM, February 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->