Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Small Irritations

No.1: Most days I drive by a certain bus stop and quite often there are two 20-something people sitting on the park bench (well, slouch-lounging, really) and one 70-something woman standing off to the side. It is never the same three people, but always the same situation. What is up with that???

No. 2: While I love our school and most every parental unit there, there is one woman who will NOT acknowledge my presence and it is really getting to me. Our sons are on the same team and in the same grade at school and she and I attend the same Bible study. When I say "Hello" to her, she looks right through me. Today as I was exiting the school building, she was coming in. I pressed the button that would open the door for her and I opened the door. She breezed in with nary a glance my way.
NOT EVEN A GLANCE!!!!!
NO THANK YOU!!!
I nearly clocked her.

No. 3: We ordered the lunch portion of fajitas at Cocina di Mino on Sunday. They brought out a hot plate with chicken, onions, beans and rice. I asked where the lettuce and tomato and pico di gallo and sour cream and tortillas were. They said we could have lettuce and tomato for 99 cents extra, sour cream for 99 cents extra, pico di gallo for 99 cents extra and guacamole for 99 cents extra. They did, however, bring free tortillas. Have you ever heard of such a thing?

That is all. Thank you for listening.

4 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

Next time you see that woman, stand right in front of her and give her the eagle eye. If she tries to go around you, shift so you're standing in your way. Eventually, she WILL have to acknowledge your existence, if only to ask why you are behaving so erratically...lol! (Plus it will amusing for any passers-by to watch.)

1:51 AM, October 19, 2006  
Blogger Judy said...

What!? I know that woman. Hadn't heard she moved south.

8:42 PM, October 19, 2006  
Blogger Dwayne "the canoe guy" said...

Yet another reason not to eat a Cocina di Mino. You more on your fajitas at Taco Cabana.

12:55 AM, October 20, 2006  
Blogger Jeanise said...

Uh oh.

There are 0 people in the U.S. with the first name Jeanise.

Where am I? My sense of self has gone senseless?!?!

9:54 PM, October 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->