Tuesday, November 07, 2006

***UPDATED***
Okay, I'm bummed.

See, I really love to get comments on my blog. LOVE it. I even like snark. But lately...no comments. Or at least, very few.

Well, Sunday I knew I had the story that would illicit comments. I mean...I fell in a lake! What better story was that? I stayed up late writing all the lurid details of my humiliation and went to bed with visions of comments dancing in my head.

"Oh, Jan...you poor thing. I hope you're okay."

"Jan..you are such a goof. But we love you anyway."

"HA HA HA HA HA HA!

"Wow. You're weird."

"Oh, I just love persimmons, too. My grandmother always made persimmon cookies for thanksgiving.
It was worth the humiliation to be sure."


"Oh, Jan. I used to love the QC Report, but from now on I'm coming here first."

You know that sort of thing. It was a night of good dreaming.

Alas, not ONE comment.

So, here's the deal. My birthday is Friday. Yes, FRIDAY. There is no need to rush to the stores, though. All I really want is a ton of comments on Friday. PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PRETTY PLEASE????

Please?

(***Ahem. It seems my birthday is Saturday! Thanks, Michael, for being the first to notice. What a friend I have in Michael. You know, let's all leave Michael a zillion comments on Saturday, too. After all, he and I are both celebrating number 43 that day!)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jan,

I didn't respond because I didn't know how. (To be honest, I never really, really looked, but I thought it was more complicated). I only read two blogs. This one and one my future daughter-in-law is doing called Pulpbride.

Carol kept printing out excerpts from your blog, and finally she decided I could just go read them myself.

Great fun. Of course, I feel as if I know all of you anyway.

Well, your last weekend did sound just wonderful -- albeit cold and wet. Hang on to this -- the boys will get a big kick out of reading it when they're older.

I'll try to comment again from time to time.

Oh -- you do know that if anyone saw you in the ditch with your pink hoodie, they probably just thought you were drunk. (I'm pretty sure you know that's a joke, but just in case -- it was a joke.)

I really should get back to work.

Just wanted you to know there are people (or at least person) reading and enjoying.

9:34 AM, November 07, 2006  
Blogger Michael Bates said...

Your birthday is Saturday, Jan.

10:08 AM, November 07, 2006  
Blogger Dwayne "the canoe guy" said...

Jan, Oh Jan,
you write on your blog
cutting up prose
like a 'Jack cuts a log.

We get to read
of your wonderous life
(but you still can't beat
my Lovely Wife)

Tales of your fam'
words from your boys
most make us laugh
all bring much joys

Your hubby does great
as only he can
No Man of Steel
but an Iron Man!

Your desire for comments
may never slake
but did you have to resort
to a dunk in a lake?

Pleasing sweet Jan
is the latest rage
you all might try
a sackful of sage

When comments are few
a salty tear forms
so this comment tries
to surpass all the norms

I read this aloud
to my Lovely Wife
and she rolls her eyes
and tries not hurl.

I thought for a moment
and then took some time
be aware that truth
doesn't always rhyme

You put out the call
you bang your tom-tom
but you do get more input than
http://dwayne.blog-city.com

10:26 PM, November 08, 2006  
Blogger CGHill said...

Maybe I should have added this on Thursday.

8:09 PM, November 10, 2006  
Blogger babyivanov said...

Happy Birthday, Jan! Love, BKLJ

1:22 PM, November 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->