Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Miracles
This time last year I was not doing well physically. I was tired beyond tired all of the time, my thinking was fuzzy, my tongue felt thick (so my speech was slurred), I was crying too easily and my muscles ached. All of this because my body was lacking in one chemical: thyroid hormone. I knew I wasn't right, but no amount of mental power could change things. I even knew what was wrong, but we (my doctor and I) just hadn't gotten the levels right yet. And then last summer, we finally got it right! Slowly but surely I came back to myself, and now I feel "normal" again. It was so odd to discover what a small change in chemicals can do to a person. It made me realize how little control people have over their own beings. And it made me thankful for researchers and doctors and pharmaceutical companies and pharmacists. So very thankful. Without them, I'd surely be in bed 20 hours a day by now. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->