Thursday, May 20, 2004

Memories
A few months ago I found an old scrapbook at a junk shop. It spans 1942-1958 and chronicles the social life of a young girl through valentines, newspaper clippings, announcements, thank you notes and a very few photos of friends. The original owner of the book was Leta Ray from Mt. View, Oklahoma. She graduated in 1958. The book itself, which is large, red and has a gilded title, cost 89 cents when she purchased it. Most of the entries are valentines, which is why I couldn't pass up the book. I love old valentines. I can't imagine why the book was in a junk shop. As a scrapbooker, I found that extremely sad. I have decided to post her valentines from time to time, and maybe a few other treasures from her book. Thanks for the memories, Leta Ray!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->