Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Things That Go Interrupt in the Day
I think most husbands of stay-at-home mothers come home at night and wonder why so little seems to have been accomplished. After all, you can do a lot in 8 hours! Indeed you can....if you actually get 8 hours. The trouble is, a mother rarely gets 5 minutes together to complete a task. That's why mothers can seem a little scatter-brained sometimes. We don't even have time to organize our thoughts! I'm not complaining (well, not much), just explaining. Children can come up with innumerable ways to need you. Here are some:
"Look at me."
"Mommy, I'm thirsty."
"Mommy, I spilled my juice." (You're lucky if someone notifies you)
"Mommy, can I have a snack?"
"Where are the crayons?"
"I'm painting the living room couch, but I can't find the purple paint."
"Mommy, what makes rain?"
"Will you read me this book?"
"WWwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhhhhhhhh."
"I need a band aid."
"Can I play on the computer?"
"Where is Daddy?"
"Where is Grandma?"
"Will you tie my shoe?"
"Mommy, Spencer is not sharing!"
"Mommy, Colin hurt my feelings!"
"Wwwwwaaaaaaaaaggggghhhhhhhh."
"I need a snack."
"Mommy, well, um...um.. well, Mommy?"
"MOMMY! I dropped my toy in the water!"
"Mommy, when will Daddy be home?"
"Can I print 300 pictures from the printer? Why not?"
"Mommy, look at this!"
"No, Mommy, watch ME!!"
"Mommy? Mommy? um, well, Mommy?"

4 Comments:

Blogger M.Stonecipher said...

If you sub in Daddy for the Mommy in this I can relate to you. Since Connie is now working 3 to 11pm and I work 6am to 3pm we dont see each other much and I have all three kids at night. Why is supper such a hassle? Why cant they just sit down and eat what I fix instead of complaining? The only things they will all agree on is chicken nuggets and pizza bites. I love trying to mow the yard without someone to watch the kids for me. I get to make one lap around the yard and stop to go inside to and check on them. Hollie is pretty good at helping watch Dale, and David just want to make his sisters mad all the time. Sometimes getting things done when you have kids is like trying to shovel smoke.. it can't be done.
Mark

1:56 PM, May 25, 2004  
Blogger Kyndal said...

I can totally relate to your post! LOL! I'm lucky to be able to get a bed made without an interruption.

8:03 AM, May 26, 2004  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Recently I took my granddaughter to "Gymnastics Class" There were about 40 moms on the early shift, just hanging out chatting, waiting for their little darling to do something to "oooooo" about. There were another 40 or so moms on our shift. Gymnastics lasted about an hour, plus you had to be there 15 minutes early for changing and picking out a drink. Another 15 minutes after for changing and mingling and working our way out the door. PLUS many of the moms were then headed for a nearby fast food stop. So tell me again how tight a stay at home mom's time is?????

6:41 PM, May 31, 2004  
Blogger Jan said...

Dear Anonymous (why anonymous?),
I actually didn't say a mom's time was "tight," just full of interruptions. And I wasn't trying to make any political statements. I'm thankful I can stay home with my children. I certainly have more freedom than parents who work in an office all day. (By the way, I do have a job as an attorney, but I stay home 6 days a week).

Anyway, I was just trying to be funny. Sorry if I offended you. I'm sorry the mommies that take their children to gymnastics offend you....and I hope you'll have a pleasant day. Thanks for reading my blog.
Jan

7:14 PM, May 31, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->