Wednesday, July 28, 2004

I Won!
Angi challenged her readers to use a list of words she found in her email subject line.  Not one to back down from a literary challenge, I entered her contest.  I won with the following sentence:
 
Finding her fisherman husband in drag (wearing a vulgar teddy) playing baccarat with a blackbody sultan in a cavern, the now dyspeptic wife agreed mutatis to a divorce from the statesmanlike man whom she once found monarchic (though presumptive).

My prize was a peach cobler, made from scratch by Angi's talented husband, Dan.  I'm enjoying some right now, all hot and steamy with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.  Perfect for any occassion, but especially this dark, rainy day. 

Of course, there were only two contestants and the other guy got a peach cobbler, too.  So, the competition wasn't tight, but I'm still glad I entered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->