Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Well, That's a Surprise!
Hmmm. I just found out I'm Catholic!! Wow. You could knock me over with a feather.

Earlier this week, Dawn Eden posed a question about the beliefs of Catholics on the subject of salvation and the thoughts of protestants about the conversion of protestants to Catholicism. Most every response she received was from a Catholic, and most pointed out that those who believe in Christ are actually all members of the Catholic church, the "one, true (non-denominational) church."

I have never studied Catholicism, so I was shocked to discover that I might actually be Catholic. Of course, I do not consider myself Catholic in the least. In fact, I disagree with most of what I know about the Catholic church, including the intermediary nature of the church, the status of the Pope, sainthood and prayers to saints, the additions to the Bible through the Catechism and other writings/rules, and the idea that Christ established the Catholic church through Peter.

I know a good portion of my readers attend the church of Christ or a protestant church. Dawn has closed her comments, but I'd appreciate you responding to me on this topic, especially since many of you are far more educated on these things than me.

(If you're asked to register before commenting, you should be able to skip registration and leave an anonymous comment. If you like, add your name to the body of the comment.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->