Wednesday, December 22, 2004


A Christmas Story: Culinary Capers
Back in the mid 80s I worked for a caterer on lower Greenville. We specialized in business luncheons, but also had a small walk-in shop where we sold gourmet everything. My job included shopping at the Dallas farmer's market, cooking, delivering and testing new ideas and recipes. One afternoon Kurt found one of these tin soldier pans and asked me to experiment on Christmas breads that we could use in December.

My favorite Christmas bread recipe at the time was the Silver Palate's cranberry-orange bread. So, I set about making the cranberry soldiers. How festive they would be! And delicious, too. But, alas, it was not to be. When you cook cranberries, they burst, and these poor little soldiers looked as if they had been shot up! So, dear friends, keep your cranberry bread in loaves!
Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

Blogger Melodee said...

That's so funny! (And thank you for the nice comment on my blog.)

1:18 AM, December 24, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->