Friday, December 03, 2004

WalMart
Welp, the WalMart Neighborhood Market is coming to my neighborhood. A few years ago a very nice grocery closed its doors. I think its prices just weren't competitive with WalMart and the Buy 4 Less store nearby. We were left with Buy 4 Less, which is nowhere near luxury, but which carries a nice variety and has a great international market. Its a bad idea to shop there on food stamp day, but otherwise its fine. I had heard Crest might locate in the old grocery location, but I'm guessing that's out the window since WalMart has arrived. I must admit, WalMart will be enticing. I'm guessing it will be cleaner than Buy 4 Less and maybe not so busy. Who knows. But I'm disappointed that WalMart is NOT moving into the old grocery space. It would have been a lovely location and it is the perfect size. The small stores left behind in the strip could have used the pull. No, WalMart is building next door. So, if it goes out of business (unlikely) or puts Buy 4 Less out of business (more likely), we'll have two empty grocery stores on our corner. Isn't that special? Indeed.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe they'll build the Market like ours on 2nd street in Edmond. Every few aisles has a poorly placed post. I suppose the posts are there to hold up the building, but during busy times, they serve to block shopping traffic most annoyingly. There is also no space in which to wait in the cashiers' lines without being in everyone's path! My daughter and I went there over a year ago during the 4-5 p.m. rush. We had such a bad experience that we decided never to shop there again. So far we haven't.

PE

4:39 PM, December 03, 2004  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As for Crest, they're reportedly taking the old Snyder's location at NW 23 and Meridian.

CGH

1:37 PM, December 07, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->