Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Rock and Roll Memories
I suppose Charles' and Dawn's vinyl adventures have invaded my memory banks these past few days. I was just rocking Spencer to sleep (he's not feeling well today) and an early childhood memory came rushing in. My mother had a box of 45s she let me keep in my room with the portable turntable. The 45s box was tan with a black handle, and it was just big enough to hold about 30 records in a file-cabinet fashion. I'm not sure about the turntable, but I think it was avocado green.

We were living in Wisconsin, so I was somewhere around 6 years old (give or take). I used to play those records in my room with the doors closed and dance, dance, dance!! My favorites were At The Hop and Sixteen Tons. I'm sure my mom was dying to look in and see me dance, but I don't remember her ever spying on me. Mom?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->