Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Agape
Tonight we had our first ever "agape feast" at church....at least it was the first time it was ever called that. We actually have lots of feasts at our church, each one better than the last. My church truly feels like home to me, despite its large size. I've attended for 18 years and it give me great joy to look around and see some of the same people every week for such a long time. Even if I don't know a person, I am comforted by his/her continued presence. We, together, have shared great joy and great sorrow over the years. We have a history. We are family.

This evening began with a short concert of a group called New Reign. I must say I felt like an old fogey listening to their college music, but it was great just the same. After the concert, we all met for a pot-luck dinner and fellowship. I sat with people I had never met before and had a wonderful time getting to know them. (I encourage you all to step out of your circles from time to time and meet the people who are sitting by themselves!) For dessert, we all enjoyed chocolate cake from La Baguette!! Wow, it was good!

I'm grateful our church has started these feasts for us to enjoy fellowship together. Its good for the soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->