Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Random
* My friend Anne just came over. I told her I was overwhelmed with my house. She swept my floor then got down on her hands and knees and cleaned it. THAT is friendship!!

* I stopped by a store today and the 50-something clerk was wearing a large (large) button on her shirt with a photograph of Michael Bolton.

* I'm really looking forward to watching Lost tonight.

* Kim's cancer has become resistent to treatment, which makes me numbingly sad.

* I'm ready for Meg to move back to Oklahoma.

* My new shoes have changed my life, but I really want to wear CUTE shoes instead.

* Through Bible study this week, I have come to appreciate that I am a part of Christ's body, and that my actions affect Him directly. I already knew it, but my understanding was shallow.

* I tend to feel compelled to order something from my son's Scholastic book club. I like to fill out the form. I like looking through the catelog. And we don't need any more books, really.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kyndal said...

I'm a compulsive book orderer. I just ordered about 10 books from Chase's book order. We have tons of books, too. Cole's 5-shelf bookcase is crammed full and we have others stashed around the house. My theory is you can never have too many books. ;)

3:23 PM, February 09, 2005  
Blogger Five Dream Weavers (Betsey) said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:00 PM, February 09, 2005  
Blogger Five Dream Weavers (Betsey) said...

That's crazy.....I didn't know that I had removed my original post! Hmmm....oh well....here is what it said:

How about for every new book you purchase, you donate an old one in your house to another family who might enjoy it or to a church library or shelter.

Just a thought....seems like a WIN - WIN !!!

(ps......can you tell your friend Anne where my house is!!!)

4:34 PM, February 09, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering who is cleaning your friend Anne's floor? I certainly have never seen her on her knees in her own house! Love you friend Anne From Ando 5

5:31 PM, February 09, 2005  
Blogger Psalmist said...

The library is a lovely place. :o ) What you could do is mark the books on the catalog that you like, and then take the order form to the library and use it as a search list. I hope to do those sort of things when my daughter is older. Right now, she gets so attached to her books that she cries when I give them back to the library. So, we buy books or get them as presents. lol

6:33 PM, February 09, 2005  
Blogger Jan said...

We do donate books to Whiz Kids AND we visit the library at least once a week!! We just love books. The thing about the Scholastic form is that I like to fill it out. I have a weird thing with forms...I actually like them! I suppose I could fill it out to my hearts content and then throw it out!! LOL

6:48 PM, February 09, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jan

I hate filling out any forms. I always make mistakes and feel stupid.
Come with me as I find Drs and dentists in every place I go and fill out all the paperwork.
I had one dentist office last week asking ridiculous questions like "what did you like about your last dentist. What didnt you like and what can we do to make you more comfortable" waste of my time filling out those questions.
anon.

7:25 PM, February 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->