Thursday, February 10, 2005

To The Knees
This morning will be spent mainly on my knees in prayer. These past few days have been full of devastating news. One e-mail came from a friend who has been fighting a very aggressive form of breast cancer:

"Monday evening I learned from a PET scan report that cancer has returned to my liver and several lymph nodes in my neck and chest area. It would appear that after 15 of 18 planned rounds of chemotherapy and 9 months of clean reports, my tumors have become resistant. I will discontinue treatments in Tulsa and am meeting with my oncologist today to investigate other treatment options. I ask for your continued prayers for divine healing and wisdom as we choose a treatment path, and also for my family as we begin a new battle. I appreciate you all for your constant support and encouragement. Thank you."

And regarding the family who's 2-year-old daughter (a twin) who has been fighting for her life because of ADEM (which came on suddenly), this report:

"We ask you for more prayers for the family and for God to have mercy.

Steve's mother suffered a heart attack over night, and is not expected to survive.

Just yesterday, she and Steve's Dad were at Steve and Lisa's house and Jane, who has been in poor health, was coloring with the girls, and they left to drive home last evening.

Steve left around 6 am today drive to be with his family. (He had been out of town yesterday and didn't see his parents before they left).

Meanwhile - Lisa's parents are both ill and so is Steve and Lisa's oldest daughter, who has the flu. She is at Lisa's parent's house. Lisa is worried Kirbey is getting sick and will take her to the doctor today.

Kinzey is home, but they are scheduled to return to Dallas on Monday to begin a treatment therapy.

Please Lord, have mercy on this family."

I also got word today that the family that lost their homes to fires in December had a 14-year-old neice that was killed in a car accident yesterday.

Will you please join me in prayer today for these beautiful people who are suffering so much right now?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It occurs to me that Anne was on her knees for you, cleaning your floor and now you're on your knees for other friends. That's a good description of Christian sisterhood - let's be on our knees for eachother.
(Maybe a good Ladies' retreat topic, but I'm sure you already have one.)

And, by the way, my literal knees can't take it, but my figurative knees are ready to serve. :)

Angi L.

1:10 PM, February 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->