Monday, May 23, 2005

Today's Hoppenings
Big adventure today. I put Colin to work for me in the garden to earn money to repair the shower curtain and tiles he pulled out of the wall (the little monkey), and out hopped a frog! Well, a toad, actually. I told Colin to pick it up and...well, he tried. Colin is a little too jumpy to catch something so...jumpy. He squealed with delight at every attempt, though. Finally, I picked it up for him and put it in the bucket with water I had made ever so hastely. Actually, they didn't seem duly impressed that their mom was so proficient with frogs.

I thought once that had seen me do it, they would take to frogging and pick the little guy up themselves, but they didn't. I guess they're scared of salmonella or something, but we do have SOAP. Come on, guys!

Colin finally found a cup and has been catching the toad and letting it go for some 30 minutes now, laughing and squealing all the while. Meanwhile, he is earning absolutely nothing toward home repairs.

I just heard Spencer say to Colin, "Well, I'm afraid of frogs and that's why I don't want one in our yard. There's no way I'm going to touch that slimy thing."

How about you? Are you impressed I picked it up?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed. Good thing it wasn't a spider though.......

3:25 PM, May 23, 2005  
Blogger Jan said...

No doubt. Spiders, roaches and crickets send me over the top into hysterics. Snakes, mice, frogs and other bugs...no problem.

3:37 PM, May 23, 2005  
Blogger Jan said...

p.s. I think this is the first time my mother has commented on my blog. Hi Mom!

3:38 PM, May 23, 2005  
Blogger Five Dream Weavers (Betsey) said...

HI Jan's MOM!!!

Jan...I'm confused!!?? You are fine with SNAKES but a little CRICKET will send you over the edge???

Hmmmmmm.......

4:30 PM, May 23, 2005  
Blogger Kyndal said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:26 PM, May 24, 2005  
Blogger Kyndal said...

I am totally impressed. I would never touch a toad or a frog and neither would my boys. They scream when they see one! Gee, I wonder where they learned that?

3:28 PM, May 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->