Monday, June 13, 2005

Creation is Hard Work
Staff meeting first thing this morning and then I was off the the church to continue the building of the Garden of Eden. It is starting to look like....something, and that is encouraging. The sky is in place, the grass is in place (although it doesn't look so very good) and the tree now has one branch. The room is a craft room and I've designed it so the children will sit under the fruit tree to do their craft. You know, the Bible never says it is an apple tree, so I've considered hanging all sorts of fruit on the tree to be silly and open up dialogue about that, but I can't decide. Thoughts?

I enjoy the process of decorating for VBS. We never know what friends will be working when we drive up, but there is usually somebody for the children to play with and for me to talk with. If I can get the children off to another room I can have some much needed quiet time to draw and paint. When I need a break I wander the halls and marvel at the creativity of our church members. We really do have the most amazing VBS I have ever seen. The children are transported to another place for a few days. I can't wait to show you the photos from this year.

Of course, as VBS nears, my house becomes increasingly unliveable. Please don't drop in for a visit this week!

OR...you could drop in and clean for me???

Sorry about his boring post. The creative part of my brain is zapped.

1 Comments:

Blogger Judy said...

Oh, my friend, this is NOT a boring post!

I just spent the morning making a hanging 'fish' out of two CD's and some colored foam sheets for a VBS project.

My house is suffering, my husband is starting to get that 'peeved' look. We have eaten out for several days.

But I'm having SO MUCH FUN!

12:17 PM, June 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->