Friday, August 26, 2005

Musings.

Spencer's first day of school ever went very well. As we pulled into the parking lot (and not the carpool line), he said, "Aren't you going to drop me at the door?" No way! Then he said, "Well, you can take my picture, and then go and take pictures of the school girls."

! ! !

Isn't that hilarious?

He told Colin to take him to his class every day, and then he put up with daddy and mommy following him into school. As soon as he hit the classroom he got right to work and we were a non-issue.

I left to run my errands and was delighted to hear the OSU classical station was playing cello concertos all morning. I LOVE cello concertos! Fantastic! I headed out to purchase some new jeans and found 5 pairs of pants that fit me - and three of them were 80% off!!!! Bonus!

Spencer and I went to lunch with his new favorite friend, another friend from class and their mommies. It was wonderful getting to know them. We are so pleased with the school and the sweetness of the families who attend there.

Soon we'll be off to collect Colin from school. Colin will not tell us what happens at school now. He takes great joy in keeping it a secret. Yesterday I stayed to watch his class for a bit, but he didn't see me there. When he wouldn't tell me anything I said, "Well, I DO know that you stood in a circle and put your foot on top of another guy's foot - a guy wearing a red shirt." He said, "No, I didn't! How did you know that?" "Well, I saw it on the news. They were talking about things first graders shouldn't do, and they showed a picture of you stepping on that guy's foot." You should have seen the look on his face. Spencer even told him it was true and he saw it on the news, too!! Ha!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHERE DID YOU BUY THOSE PANTS?!!!! I am encouraged by your experience.

Angi L.

6:58 PM, August 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jan, I just love the kind, clever methods you have shared when you approach your sons with a correction or in dealing with a conflict. I am so amazed by your motherly wisdom. "I saw it on the news!" This is priceless! Be blessed.
barb aka Lovely Wife

12:43 AM, August 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->