Saturday, November 26, 2005

Do this, don't do that
(from Charles)

So the question is, "Have you ever....?"

Smoked a cigarette or tried it: Once. Hand-rolled. Blegh.

Crashed a friend's car: No. Well, I crashed into a friend's car one month after getting my license. Doesn that count?

Stolen a car: No, but once when we were 15 Buzz sneaked a car out of his parent's garage and drove it over to my house, then convinced me to ride around with him.

Been dumped: Yep. Many times.

Shoplifted: Unfortunately, yes. I was in grade school and some "friends" talked me into stealing candy. I was scared to death, totally regretted it, and didn't do it again.

Been fired/laid off: Nope.

Been in a fist fight: No.

Snuck out of your parent's house: No.

Been arrested: No.

Gone on a blind date: Yes.

Lied to a friend: Don't think so.

Skipped school: Not until I was at least 20 years old.

Seen someone die: No.

Been to Canada: No.

Been to Mexico: Yes. Brownsville. Spring Break 1986. I bought a blanket, some earrings and a giant bottle of vanilla.

Eaten Sushi: Of course!

Met someone in person from the internet: half - dozens.

Taken pain-killers: Yes!

Had a tea party: Many.

Cheated while playing a game: Not that I can remember.

Fallen asleep at work: I've never fallen asleep at a place of business, but I've fallen asleep while working at home many, many times!

Used a fake ID: No. But Danny Mackey taught me how to get into a place without an I.D. by using a confident stride.

Felt an earthquake: No.

Touched a snake: Yes.

Been robbed: No.

Petted a reindeer/goat: A goat. What kind of question is this? As if reindeer and goats are similar? How about "Petted a fish/buffalo"? (Yes, I've petted a fish).

Won a contest: Yes! Mostly of the musical kind.

Been suspended from school: No. (Anybody else wonder why Charles was suspended?)

Been in a car accident: Many. All minor.

Had braces: Just a retainer, a bunch of teeth pulling and some small oral surgeries.

Eaten a whole pint of ice cream in one night: I think I did eat a pint of Cherry Garcia once. Haven't been able to eat it since. It was good, though.

Witnessed a crime: Only fashion crimes.

Swam in the ocean: One of my favorite things to do!

Sung karaoke: Once, with a bunch of friends in a dark karaoke party room with no air conditioning (in Dallas).

Paid for a meal with only coins: Oh, sure.

Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose: It always seems to be Dr. Pepper.

Been kissed under mistletoe: Yes.

Crashed a party: No. Sounds fun, though.

Worn pearls: Yes!

Jumped off a bridge: Uh...no.

Ate dog/cat food: No.

Kissed a mirror: No.

Glued your hand to something: No, which surprises me.

Done a one-handed cartwheel: Ha! right.

Talked on the phone for more than 6 hours: yuck. no.

Didn't take a shower for a week: No way.

Pick and ate an apple right off the tree: Yes! Figs, too!

Been told by a complete stranger that you're hot: Yes, but it has been awhile. Oh, wait....I think someone told me that last summer, but it was a waitress and I was sweating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->