Thursday, October 05, 2006

Alrighty then. Anonymous misses my blog. The postcards are insufficient. I am, in a word, a slacker. Yes indeedy. That's me.

Here's the thing. I don't know what to write about. I feel like I've sated any appetite there may have been for my narcissistic ramblings. But, I will persevere. I will try my best. I will.

(But, could you send me a prompt?)

I will say this: I spent my summer studying the Amish religion and culture and reading Beverly Lewis' fictional stories set in Lancaster County. I feel as if I know the Stoltfuzes and the Zooks and the Ebersoles. . . although, of course, I don't. But, I feel sick to my stomach this week and very sad for the entire community, the Englischers and Amish alike. I can't imagine what level of evil possessed Charles Roberts that this would be his final act on earth. His selfish decisions hurt so many in such a permanent way, including his own family. Unfathomable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->