Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Dwayne (the Canoe Guy) sets the bar high for birthday comments:


Jan, Oh Jan,
you write on your blog
cutting up prose
like a 'Jack cuts a log.

We get to read
of your wonderous life
(but you still can't beat
my Lovely Wife)

Tales of your fam'
words from your boys
most make us laugh
all bring much joys

Your hubby does great
as only he can
No Man of Steel
but an Iron Man!

Your desire for comments
may never slake
but did you have to resort
to a dunk in a lake?

Pleasing sweet Jan
is the latest rage
you all might try
a sackful of sage

When comments are few
a salty tear forms
so this comment tries
to surpass all the norms

I read this aloud
to my Lovely Wife
and she rolls her eyes
and tries not hurl.

I thought for a moment
and then took some time
be aware that truth
doesn't always rhyme

You put out the call
you bang your tom-tom
but you do get more input than
http://dwayne.blog-city.com

Thanks, Dwayne! I love it! And my story about my canoeing mishap wouldn't be complete without input from the Canoe Guy himself!

3 Comments:

Blogger Dwayne "the canoe guy" said...

no comments. I'm choking on the irony.

12:27 AM, November 13, 2006  
Blogger Jan said...

I'm sure it was just a collective "gulp" as the peoples wondered how they could ever match such brilliance.

9:16 AM, November 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Gulp" is not spelled b-a-r-f
hee hee

4:07 PM, November 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->