Saturday, December 16, 2006


Welcome to the Happy Homemaker's Holiday Home Tour! Thank you to BooMama for arranging this fun event. If you haven't been reading BooMama, you're life is just not as fun as it could be.

Let's start with the Santa in the driveway:


Welcome!
Here is a little photo of last year's tree. Of course, it looked much more colorful in person.


Sometimes we decorate the tree completely in snowflakes. Here's that. If I can get someone to come over and take a digital photo of this year's snowflake tree, I believe you would find it even more impressive.One of our yearly traditions is a "gingerbread" house decorating "contest." Everyone wins, we just all win different categories. For instance, Spencer's is usually Most Delicious since he eats more than he decorates. James often wins Most Unusual or Most Bizarre. In the lower photo, you can see the winner for Most Alphabetical. I say everyone wins...but look at this kitchen!

Another yearly tradition is decorating a tree in the woods for the wildlife. Our outing is based on the book Night Tree. Here are the boys preparing the treats.

Here is a Christmas dinner from 2001. We usually have friends join us for dinner. Look at little Spencer over there in his high chair.

Merry Christmas, y'all!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your home is lovely and festive! I love that you decorate a tree for the wildlife.
Thank you for sharing. Merry Christmas!

11:10 AM, December 17, 2006  
Blogger ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

I love your snowflake tree and the Santa in the driveway! Your little ones are adorable:) Have a very Merry Christmas and thanks for the tour!

1:36 PM, December 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your kitchen looks like such a FUN place! Especially with a decorating contest going on. Thank you for sharing your home.

4:08 PM, December 17, 2006  
Blogger Susanne said...

What a nice idea, decorating the tree in just snowflakes. Love it!

9:03 PM, December 17, 2006  
Blogger Violet N. said...

I love your gingerbreads!

9:41 PM, December 17, 2006  
Blogger Debbie said...

I love the gingerbread houses! Your tree is nice too! :) Merry Christmas!

10:28 PM, December 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that your family has holiday traditions that just involve spending time and not necessarily lots of money. My family had that and I am sometimes afraid that my nieces and nephews are missing out on that. Thank you for sharing those really cool traditions. I want to decorate a tree for the wildlife and make a gingerbread house too!

7:53 AM, December 19, 2006  
Blogger Kelli said...

Your home looks like a fun place to be! Your decorations are beautiful and I love the snow and icicles too! Thanks for having us over!
Kelli

11:50 AM, December 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love everything about your house, the porch is so gorgeous, & the snowflake tree is such a good idea. I really like deocrating a tree in nature, I'll have to try that, thanks for all the great ideas. Happy Holidays

1:11 PM, December 19, 2006  
Blogger Irene said...

I cannot help admiring your gingerbread creations. Well done. And the idea of decorating a tree in the woods for wildlife...You really gave me an idea, here!
Enjoy the holiday season.
Merry Christmas to you and your family.

4:21 PM, December 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->