Sunday, March 25, 2007

TV Land

Okay, this is sad. Very sad. I started out playing around with a little meme wherein one marks off the show's one has watched more than three times. I kept thinking of shows that were not on the list, so I decided to do a little googlin' and see what shows I could find. I then added all the shows I've watched (more than three times) and deleted all the shows I haven't watched. My final list is staggering. It represents thousands of hours of idle time - most of them before children (but not all). It represents what I've put into my head over these past 43 years. It is, most certainly, a wake-up call. I shamefully submit to you an accounting of my wasted time (with some amount of admitting that I did enjoy some of it!):

3rd Rock from the Sun
7th Heaven
A.L.F
Alice
Absolutely Fabulous
Adam-12
Addams Family, The
All in the Family
American Bandstand
Andy Griffith Show, The
Antiques Roadshow
As Time Goes By
Between the Lions
Beverly Hills 90210
Bewitched
Bionic Woman, The
Bob Newhart
Bosom Buddies
Brady Bunch
Captain Kangaroo
Cagney & Lacey
Carol Burnett Show, The
Charles in Charge
Charlie's Angels
Cheers
China Beach
Cosby Show, The
Courtship of Eddie’s Father, The
David Letterman
Designing Women
Dharma & Greg
Dick Van Dyke Show, The
Different World
Diff'rent Strokes
Dr. Phil
Drew Carey Show, The
Eight is Enough
Electric Company, The
Ellen
Ellen Degeneres Show, The
Emergency!
ER
Everybody Loves Raymond
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
Facts of Life
Family
Family Affair
Family Ties
Fantasy Island
Father Knows Best
Felicity
Flintstones, The
Flip Wilson
Flipper
Frasier
Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, The
Friends
Full House
Gentle Ben
Get Smart
Gilligan's Island
Golden Girls, The
Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C.
Green Acres
Growing Pains
Happy Days
Hee Haw
Home Improvement
I Dream of Jeannie
I Love Lucy
Iron Chef (Japan)
Jeopardy
Jetsons, The
Just Shoot Me
Keeping Up Appearances
LA Law
Land of the Lost
Lassie
Laugh-In
Laverne and Shirley
Lawrence Welk Show
Leave It To Beaver
Life Goes On
Little House on the Prairie
Lost
Lost in Space
Lois & Clark
Love, American Style
Love Boat, The
M*A*S*H
Mad About You
Many Loves of Doby Gillis, The
Married...With Children
Martha Stewart

Mary Tyler Moore Show, The
Maud
Mister Ed
Monkees, The
Mod Squad, The
Moonlighting
Mork & Mindy
Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood
Munsters, The
Muppet Show, The
Murphy Brown
My Three Sons
Newhart
News Radio
Night Court
Northern Exposure
Odd Couple
Oprah
Partridge Family, The
Project Runway
Quantum Leap
Roseanne
Saturday Night Live
Sanford & Son
Saved by the Bell
Scrubs
Seinfeld
Sesame Street
Sigmund & The Sea Monster
Six Feet Under
Six Million Dollar Man, The
Soap
Sonny & Cher
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Survivor
Taxi
Teletubbies
That Girl
Third Rock
Thirtysomething
This Old House
Three's Company
Tonight Show, The (Jay Leno)
Tonight Show, The (Johnny Carson)
Top Chef
Touched By An Angel
Trading Spaces
Twin Peaks

Twilight Zone
, The
Vicar of Dibley, The
Welcome Back, Kotter
Whose Line is it Anyway?
Wings
Will & Grace
Who’s the Boss
Wonder Years, The
Wonderful World of Disney, The
Zoboomafoo

ugh.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Lynne said...

Oh, this is funny and sad at the same time. My list would be very similar except I could probably add a dozen more. Just think what we could have accomplished during some of these episodes. :-)

Some days I need a few of those hours back.

11:04 PM, March 25, 2007  
Blogger Barbie said...

lol I have done this meme on my blog and was also shocked because I am so not a tv watcher:-)

11:30 PM, March 25, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't be so hard on yourself. I bet your were knitting, crocheting, scrapbooking, folding towels, sorting socks, flipping through a magazine, doing a Bible study (!), painting your nails, darning socks, mentally redecorating the house or doing some other women's work while watching TV!

Actually, I read that recently in one of Elizabeth's George's books - that she tries to get her kids to "do" something while they watch TV. And I try to do that too.

Not to drag this out, but what about all of the hours of news and sports we've scene on TV!?

d.

4:22 PM, March 26, 2007  
Blogger Jan said...

Well....not much darning socks, but a whole lotta mental redecorating...which reminds me of a few shows I need to add the the list.

Oh, yes, the news and the sports. Not so much the sports in my case (or Dawn's)...but also the game shows and the movies and the other shows I can't remember because they didn't make the lists on the web.

Okay - I've got to get back to flogging myself.

6:25 PM, March 26, 2007  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

A list sure puts things into perspective doesn't it?

I've watched 35 of the shows you've listed.

wow!

later...

11:06 PM, March 26, 2007  
Blogger Judy said...

I went for several years not watching any TV.

Can't for the life of me think of anything I accomplished because of it.

I read a lot, I guess.

6:31 AM, March 27, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely Wife went 8 years in her house growing up without a TV. Because of that she didn't understand 74% of the jokes I told while we were dating.

I think she a better person because of it.

4:04 PM, March 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->