Tuesday, January 15, 2008


Well, I'm a little late for the Centennial Celebration - but sometimes it takes awhile for the artwork around here to work its way to the top. We have stacks and stacks of paper all over our house - mostly unfinished work. But, more often than not, each stack contains at least one gem, like this from Colin. Mama Mia!!


In other news, the cold season hit me full force last weekend and I've taken a new name: "Lounges About With Kleenex." At least the odd sleep schedule I've adopted has allowed me to watch 2:00 a.m. movies such as "Blast From the Past" with Brendan Frasier. Have you seen it?

Also, did you see Jane Austen's "Persuasion" of PBS Sunday night? What did you think? I enjoyed it, but I did think they should have made a 3-hour movie instead of an 80-minute movie. They really could have filled out a few of the characters and made the movie more fulfilling. Perhaps one day A&E will take on all of Austen's work and make it as wonderful as they did "Pride and Prejudice." PBS's Masterpiece Theatre is doing an Austen festival for the next few Sunday nights. Be sure to tune in!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Spectacular OK artwork by Colin. :)

Yes, I watched Persuasion on Sunday night and I enjoyed it, but it was a bit flat. Way too many events, emotions and much too much gossip for an 80 minute movie. I'm with you. Hand it over to A&E!

barb aka lovely wife

9:19 AM, January 16, 2008  
Blogger Violet N. said...

Yes I watched Persuasion too. And I believe we also get that Austen festival up here in Canada. Thanks for reminding me - that's tonight!

8:12 PM, January 20, 2008  
Blogger Dan Lovejoy said...

Mama mia?

11:16 PM, February 07, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->