Monday, July 19, 2004

Hep Me! Hep Me!
I know I can count on my dear friends to help me with this one little annoying problem.  Everytime I open up my internet explorer, there are some toolbars there I don't want.  They are search engine bars.  I delete them, but they come right back.  I lock the toolbar, they come back.  I search windows explorer, I can't find them to delete.  I've searched all over, but I can't find where the little boogers are hidden!!  Can you help?
 
And one other thing, I WOULD like to be able to see the time while I'm on the internet.  The little time icon is on  the toolbar at the bottom of my screen, which disappears when internet explorer pops up.  Can I add the time to that bar down there that shows me when its opening a new window (I don't know what it is called).
 
At one time, I could play around and figure stuff out on a computer.  Ever since Microsoft Word came out, I've started having trouble.  Not that it was Word that did it, it was just the time frame for when I started getting lost.  I really hate that I can't figure this stuff out on my own.  I wonder if the part about my children interrupting me every 3 minutes contributes to this brain fade?  Oh well.  Children are better than computers anyway!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which toolbars are they? Google? Yahoo?

Most likely you need to uninstall the Application by closing IE, then go to :
Start -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs.

Find the offending program and remove it.

Better yet, switch to Firefox. It won't bug you - and it's much, much, much more secure: http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/switch.html

-dan

11:02 PM, July 19, 2004  
Blogger M.Stonecipher said...

its spyware.
go to download.com
get "spybot search and destroy "
and get
"adaware 6"
install them and run the built in updates and have them search you machine for the spyware. it should get rid of them for you. sounds like your computers are loaded with tracking cookies and stuff like that. it will continue to get worse if you dont get rid of the stuff.
I have cable modem so my computer is always on the net. I could walk away from it for 10 min. and had 147 popup ads on the screen. got those 2 FREE programs and it took care of the problem. give it a shot.

9:42 AM, July 20, 2004  
Blogger Jan said...

I use Spyware Nuker once a week, but it hasn't helped this problem. I did try deleting from the Add/Remove Programs, and though I seemed to succeed in deleting them, they popped back up again!!! (They are Yahoo) AAAaaaaggggghhh.
And, while I was messing around with that, I accidentally deleted my sound card. Ugh.-----

10:03 AM, July 20, 2004  
Blogger M.Stonecipher said...

I havent tried the program you use. Spybot and adaware are part of the Indiana University recommended software so they have to be good right. pluss the guys on tech TV use them. I love these programs. might try them.
to be really effective use both . they both find different things so using them both increases the cleaning. use all three, you can never be too clean. I also use a program called Zone alarm, it is a firewall program, it will only let traffic in and out of my computer that I say is OK. it blocks everyone else. very nice because I have a wireless network setup in the house so dad can leech from my broadband with his laptop but not mess up my computer. wish you lived closer I would have a look at your computer for ya.
I guess you will all have to come for a visit again like last year, you and babe can do scrapbook stuff and James and I can go to the race track. sounds like a large time to me.

9:17 AM, July 21, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->