Thursday, July 29, 2004

Nature Drive
We are experiencing the best July weather ever in Oklahoma this week.  It all started Saturday with temperatures in the 70's and we now have soft gentle rains and night-time temperatures in the low 60's.  Tuesday night I went to Edmond and decided to take the long way home on country roads afterward.  I rolled down the windows in my husband's Honda Element and cruised through the rolling forest of northeast Oklahoma City.  It was about 10:00 and about 65 degrees.  I was surprised how loud it was.  There was an undulating cacophony of cicadas, crickets and frogs like I've never heard before.  In fact, it was deafening!  I would not have guessed that my inner-city home is quiet in comparison.

I realized from my drive that I spend too much time with my windows rolled up and air conditioning on.  Of course, it is practically a requirement in the city and in 100+ degree temperatures, but I think I'm going to incorporate more country drives into my routine.  They are good for the soul.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->