Saturday, September 04, 2004

New York, New York
One of my favorite websites (which I've unintentionally failed to put on my daily reads list) is Forgotten New York. The site chronicles the details of New York City, such as lamp posts, cobblestones, bridges and signs. My favorite categories are the bridges and lamp posts. I'm going to see if I can get the webmaster to do doorknobs and post boxes.

I have never been to New York City, except when I rode through on a bus once. I would love to go. I'm not interested in Broadway, restaurants, or shopping. I would like to go to Central Park for 2 or 3 days and spend a few days walking around the city like a regular New Yorker. I think autumn would be the best time to visit. I love Forgotten New York because it affords me the chance to see the details I want to see even though I can not go just yet. It also increases my desire to go!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not interested in Broadway?! Surely you are, however, interested in the Met?

Angi L.

11:03 PM, September 05, 2004  
Blogger Jan said...

Angi,
You make a good point.
Yes, I think I would, in fact, be interested.
J

11:53 PM, September 05, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->