Thursday, September 23, 2004


This is from the masthead of a weekly paper I recieve every....Thursday. Previously, the tag line said, "Serving Oklahoma City's beautiful people." At some point (recently), it was changed to serve the affluent people. Interesting change. I wonder what prompted it?

Anyway, this paper serves mostly to stroke the egos of the affluent. It is full of color photos taken from parties attended by the "in" crowd. I confess to looking through it each week. Its a quick update on who's who and what's happening. I don't know how the errant copy makes it to our lowly mailbox each week. (Maybe a left-over from when it served the "beautiful" people.)
Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We received this paper once (and it was a while back, and that one did say "affluent") and we were so offended that I called and huffed and puffed at someone on the paper. I'd be just as offended by "beautiful people" although I am one. :) Who do they think they are.

The tag line should read, "Excluding whomever we don't deem worthy."

Arg! It makes me mad! Can you tell?

5:00 PM, September 23, 2004  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forgot to sign the above comment.
That was I!

Angi L.

10:01 PM, September 23, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->