Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Praying the Scriptures
I got this from a friend today. Compiler is unknown. Praying the Scriptures is an awesome way to take yourself into the presence of God.

SCRIPTUAL PRAYER

Romans 12:1 Dear Heavenly Father, I gladly and willing present my body to you this day as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to you, which is my spiritual act of worship.

1 Cor 6:20 For I am not my own; I have been bought with a price, with the

1 Pet 1:19 precious blood of Christ, as of a Lamb without blemish and without spot.

Psalm 103:1-5 Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases, who redeems my life from the pit and crowns me with love and compassion, who satisfies my desires with good things, so that my youth is renewed like the eagle's.

Eph 6:12, 13 Lord, I realize that I do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore, I will put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, I will be able to stand my ground, and after having done everything, to stand.

Eph 6:14-17 I stand firm, then, with the belt of truth buckled around my waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with my feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the Gospel of peace. In addition to all this, I take up the shield of faith, with which I can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. And I put on the helmet of salvation, and hold the sword of the Spirit (which is the Word of God).

Psalm 139:5 Lord, you have hemmed me in - behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me, and I thank you.

Matthew 16:10 I build my life, my home, and my relationships upon the Lord Jesus Christ, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.

Psalm 23:1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

Matthew 6:25, 32 And I choose not to worry about my life: what I will eat, what I will wear, or where I will live. You know everything I need before I ask it and I trust in you.

2 Cor 10:5 I demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God and I take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ today.

Psalm 139:23-24 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

1 John 1:9 As I confess my sins, you are faithful and just to forgive me of my sins and to cleanse me from ALL unrighteousness.

James 1:5 Thank you, Lord, for your promise that if any man lacks wisdom he can ask of God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. So I ask you today for wisdom, knowledge, discernment, and understanding for the challenges of this day.

Psalm 103:3 I claim your promise to heal all my diseases.

Isaiah 53:5 By your wounds I am healed. In Jesus' name I forbid any sickness or disease to operate in my body.

Jeremiah 1:12 Father, I have prayed in harmony with your Word, and you have said that you are ready to perform it.

Proverbs 4:11 I go forth this day in your wisdom, your knowledge, your strength, and with the anointing, power, and guidance of the Holy Spirit.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in your sight, Lord, my strength and my redeemer.

In Jesus' name, Amen.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! Thanks, Jan. I needed to read/pray this today. -sj

10:49 AM, February 24, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a Christian wife/mother from NH. Please believe me when I say I am coming from an honest, sincere place in my heart and what I am doing is from the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

I am really trying to get the news of my gift of the Spirit to everyone and the new work I am doing for Christ. I quit my corporate job to devote my time to my writing. I self-published my first book, Final Destination: Rest last year and my website should be running soon - http://www.geocities.com/RevelationNewsToday. The book was inspired from witnessing to my mother and bringing her to Christ two weeks before she passed of cancer 6/04.

I have shared my work with friends/family around the world, and some of those serving in Afghanistan and Iraq have actually read the book. I am honored to know they gained something from my work and it comforts those hearts/souls.

Please help me with this new step I am taking. So far it has all been my assets and I am using email because of cost issues. I am not looking to get rich, just make about the same income so I can continue this important work (my husband is not a believer, so to him this is just a hobby). There are reviews from readers on Amazon and Barnes & Noble websites, and the link below my name is the publishers webpage with more information on the book, some pictures and a biography of me. Some churches are actually enjoying the book in study groups.

Bless you for your support. Anyone that reads it feel free to contact me with feedback. May God bless the work you are all doing and I look forward to meeting everyone in heaven. Your help is very much appreciated, by reaching my entire network I was only able to sell 25 book since it was released in 10/04.

In Christ's Service,
Anissa Makris
http://www.xulonpress.com/bookstore/titles/1594677662.htm


Romans 12:6 - Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith

1 Corinthians 14:22 - Thus, tongues are a sign not for believers but for unbelievers, while prophecy is not for unbelievers but for believers.

7:00 AM, February 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->