Monday, March 14, 2005

Spring Break
Ah, yes. Spring break. We opted to stay home this year. Thought we could enjoy spring right here in Oklahoma. Of course, its quite chilly out there. And windy. Not really comfortable for outdoor fun, although not preclusive, of course. We're a bit wary of socializing with lots of children right now after our recent struggle with strep throat. Man, that was brutal.

Colin decided to plant some flowers near where our cats are buried. I think I'm going to help him make a full-fledged garden out of it this week. That gives me a reason to go buy more rocks for a border. I love rocks. I love shopping for rocks. I don't know what it is about rocks, but I have ALWAYS loved them!! I have an idea to make a long bed that curves around the corner of the garden on one end and loops around Grandma Yoshi's tree on the other. Maybe put a little bench under the tree. It will be a memorial garden of sorts. And, yes, I just thought of it: I could put the stone my friends bought me to memorialize my father right there by the bench. I think it will be a nice little place to reflect. It is surrounded on 2 sides by a cedar fence and on one side by our house. We have long stem roses growing there against the house.

The rest of spring "break" will be spent reading cases. I've agreed to work more hours for a few months, so I'll have to press myself to work more each day in order to keep up. Honestly, I'd rather do other stuff, but I owe my boss and my co-workers for putting up with me, so I'll do it. At least I'll have more money to buy rocks!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's my problem with rocks: they are heavy.

Angi L.

11:51 AM, March 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->