Friday, April 08, 2005

INTERVIEW!

Cindy Lou has a few questions for me. Here are the answers:

If you were a song, what song would you be? Why?
The Hallelujah Chorus, George Frideric Handel

Why do you like snow flakes so much?

I am amazed at the beauty of a snowflake. Each one is different. Each contains an intricate design, some simple, some elaborate. Even the broken snowflakes are beautiful. I imagine God taking such care in the details of snowflakes, which most of us never notice. Indeed, we can’t comprehend the beauty without microscopes and expensive cameras. But they are sent down for us to walk upon, to play with, to roll into a snowball and throw. They are crystals – jewels – from heaven. For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities–his eternal power and divine nature–have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.” Romans 1:20 (New International Version)

Thinking about your relationship with God, what "name" do you think He calls you by? (For example, I deal with insecurity, but I know that God loves me and in a Bible study I did once on grace I identified with "pearl of great worth". It can be anything....).

I’ve never thought of any specific name, but I like to think of Him calling me, “child.” I’ve noticed that Dennis Jernigan uses this term in his songs and it really touches me.

What's your favorite thing about being an attorney? A mom? A wife?

Okay, as an attorney the first thing I noticed about this question is that it is really 3 questions and the court does not look kindly upon this sort of thing when it comes to interrogatories, which are, of course, regulated by Court Rule 506.49(a)(iv)(K)(MCXIV). Nevertheless, this being an unofficial interrogatory, I will answer the questions.

My favorite thing about being an attorney is my job, which is research and writing for a publication about law. I read so many incredible stories, my job is more like reading novels than actual work.

Regarding motherhood: I enjoy the creativity that is involved with children. I like re-living the fun of discovery. For instance, we made terrariums yesterday and I remembered my first terrarium and how much I loved it.

Regarding being a wife: this is my most difficult job because I’m not so very good at it. It has, however, sharpened me and taught me a lot about myself that I used to get away with but no longer should. I think God works on me most through my marriage.

You're stranded on a deserted island. You have the following in your purse: nail file, $20 bill, lip gloss, a pack of gum, and one item of your choice except a cell phone. How are you going to get home?

My final item would be a jar of matches. I would use the matches to start a fire so I could build a distress signal and keep myself in drinkable water until rescued. I’d probably test out whether the lip gloss is flammable and save that for the day I saw an airplane or ship in the distance, so as to make a larger fire. As for the nail file, the bill and the gum, I’m sure they would have some good use, but I don’t know what. I would like to say, however, that I have been interested in learning survival skills. I think the topic is very interesting.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff H said...

Great answers.

The closest I've been to OK City is Bartlesville, where my middle brother lived until just recently.

9:33 PM, April 08, 2005  
Blogger daisymarie said...

Your answers just made me smile all over!

2:04 AM, April 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->