Thursday, May 19, 2005

In The Stone
When I was a freshman at OU and played in the band, we played Earth, Wind and Fire's In The Stone. Man, I loved that song. I bought the album and played it on my portable record player in my dorm room over and over and over and over. Sometimes, for a change of pace, I would play the entire album. The whole thing was the best. I Am was my third non-classical album, following Sesame Street (circa 1971) and Barry Manilow (circa 1978). I absolutely drove my suite mates bonkers with that album. (I know this because they finally came to me exasperated and asked me to quit playing it.)

If I recall correctly (and there is always a chance I don't), Earth, Wind and Fire came and played with us when we performed In The Stone at half-time. Yes, I think they did.

A few years back a friend told me about a website where one could download music to play on one's computer. Giving very little thought to it except, "Woo Hoo," I came home and downloaded In The Stone and a few other old favorites and jammed the night away. The next morning I saw a television report about the illegality of such websites and the planned crackdown on the thieves!!! ME! THE HAPPY HOMEMAKER! A THIEF! I was horrified and quickly deleted every remnant I could from my computer. I called my friend and told her and she laughed at me and said, "You didn't THINK it was illegal?" well, no. Then she said, "You at least burned a disk before you deleted it all, right?" NO! Wouldn't that negate the whole redemption plot? I wasn't trying to hide my transgression, but purge it!

There. I've admitted it all publicly. I was a temporary thief.

So, anyway, maybe I should go purchase the DVD and drive my family bonkers.

1 Comments:

Blogger Muley said...

Jan--

You might try buying songs off iTunes -- it's fun, the songs are of pristine audio quality, and they cost only 99 cents each.

Thanks so much for your comment on my "Muley's World" blog. I've just checked out your blog and it's great! I love the vintage postcards. I used to collect those myself because I have a love for history and art. So it was neat to see those on your site.

I'll add you to my "favorites" list. Keep up the good work!

6:45 AM, May 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->