Friday, July 01, 2005

Introducing The Happy Homemaker Seal of Approval
Beauty Products Edition

Oil of Olay
I've been using this inexpensive lotion for at least 25 years now and still love it. It is lightweight and fresh and now comes with sun block. (I feel claustrophobic in heavy lotions, how about you?)

Tweezerman Tweezers
These tweezers are so precise I imagine you could pick up a microbe with them! They cost more, but they are so worth it.

L'Oreal Jet-Set Nail Enamel
I don't really have the patience for a home manicure/pedicure because I can't sit still to let the polish dry. But L'Oreal changed all that with their Jet-Set nail enamel, which dries so quickly you don't have to wait! It is a modern marvel.

Nivea Silky Shimmer Lotion
"Contains natural light reflecting pigments to even out your skin tone, giving you a natural radiance and subtle shimmer." Another light-weight lotion with a barely-noticeable glimmer/sparkle. A great summer lotion for bare legs and arms.

Satin Hands and Body Buffing Cream and Body Wash
This a great and gently body exfoliater with a lovely, soft aroma. It does an incredible job of softening you up!

Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips
Wow. This is my all-time favorite product. If you've never used these, try them. You'll be astounded! I use this once a month and I think this product has taken years off my nose!

Reader reviews are welcome.

2 Comments:

Blogger CGHill said...

I was privileged to observe one of the Office Babes applying that shimmery stuff on a pair of world-class legs; the memory will remain with me so long as I shall live. :)

9:41 AM, July 02, 2005  
Blogger Violet N. said...

Yes, let's hear it for O. of O.! I used to use Mary Kay products. But I got tired of having to call my 'consultant' every time I was running short of stuff. So I started using Oil of Olay - and I like it better than anything else. I also use their cleansing lotion. (It has the finest grit in it, which leaves my face feeling soft and smooth -- every night!)

10:14 PM, July 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->