Friday, July 29, 2005

What's Happening
We're now on our third day without air conditioning because of the beautiful weather! It is so nice to hear the birds and cicadas enjoying the summer days, not to mention the little boys chasing the butterflies and creating an imaginary world in their fort. I have a knotted-chenille bedspread on the bed right now. It actually has a bit of a cooling effect, and I love to stretch out on it with a cat and enjoy the cool breeze through the windows. Somewhere in my youth or childhood, I must have done something good.

Colin has just completed his first day camp. He has been exploring nature this week at Camp Bluebird. The director said he was one of those kids that shows up already in love with nature. This morning they went to Martin Nature Park and I told him to be sure to get all wet and muddy and really enjoy exploring. He did just that! Even caught some tadpoles!

The figs are ready! Come by and pick some!

I want to remind you to take a look at Into Rwanda. I've been spending some time trying to make it like I want it, but all of my work is nothing compared to what the Jenkins are accomplishing in Kigali. I am truly humbled by their willingness to take on this task and all the hardships that come with it. While you're there, leave them a word of encouragement!

4 Comments:

Blogger Five Dream Weavers (Betsey) said...

What does one do with a fig??

6:05 PM, July 29, 2005  
Blogger Jan said...

Oh, Britty! Figs are the sweetest fruit on earth (highest sugar content). They are soft, like a banana. You just hold the stem and bite the fruit off whole. Delicious. And don't go getting any ideas that you don't like them because you hate fig newtons. They are nothing alike!

6:17 PM, July 29, 2005  
Blogger Five Dream Weavers (Betsey) said...

Thanks for the info Janp.....

BTW....I don't know if I missed something along the way....but we've gone TWO WEEKS now without KARAOKE FRIDAY NIGHT.

Has is been discontinued??

10:04 AM, July 30, 2005  
Blogger Muley said...

Jan, the scene you describe is like something out of a pastoral dream. Glad you're getting to enjoy it. Here in Waco, it's 100 degrees, and I'm getting the pre-Christmas blues (see my latest post).

Have a great weekend!

3:59 PM, July 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->