Monday, September 26, 2005

I have a very active dream life. I was thinking today about the exciting life I lead when asleep. Dreams provide adventure, romance, drama, mystery and even suspense. . . and I'm usually the star! I've fought the Sandinistas in the dessert, flown through a valley with Jesus, found new rooms in my house, won awards, missed class, hidden from terrorists, lost loved ones, found loved ones, and died. (I guess it is not true that you really die if you die in a dream). Perhaps the midnight movies are little gifts from God that served an even greater purpose before the advent of television and movies. Of course, the scientists say dreams are for working out problems, but it seems to me they could be both.

Last night was a particularly fun dream. It started out bad. James had sold our house and purchased what appeared to be a dump 60s home with a flat top roof, cheap windows and very bad decorations. I cried. I couldn't understand what James was thinking. I was beyond angry but so upset I couldn't speak. He left, presumably to see if he could get out of the deal. While he was gone, I started to feel like a jerk and began wandering about the house looking at the hideous carpet, light fixtures and wallpaper. The owner had lost her husband several years back and decided to move on without taking anything, and the house was FULL of stuff. The more I looked, the more rooms I found. Then I started going through the stuff. It was amazing! She had a large rock crystal collection with some I had never seen! One whole room was full of furniture, mostly junk, but with some incredible treasure antiques. There was a rack covered with her collection of embroidered handkerchiefs and a shelf filled with Madame Alexander boxes. I opened a few boxes and they were full of size 5, satin slippers, all in cream and lilac and only the right shoes. Such a mystery! I found a full science lab, an indoor pool, a room full of quilts and a box of polished rocks.

"Mommy! Mommy!"

Spencer was in my face.

"Mommy, wake up. Its six dot dot zero one."

NO!!! I wanted to explore the house. What other treasures were hidden in my new home? I may never know. Of course, I have been known to return to certain dream spots from time to time, so maybe I'll get to see it all. I can't imagine what the dream was all about, but I give it two thumbs up.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have had quite a few dreams in which I find new rooms in my house, or a friend's house, or any random house. It must be some kind of archetype. Let me look it up. If it's an embarrassing meaning, I'll just keep it to myself. ;)

Angi L.

11:49 PM, September 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To dream that you are in a room, represents a particular aspect of yourself or a particular relationship. Dreams about various rooms often relate to hidden areas of the conscious mind and different aspects of your personality.

To dream that you find or discover new rooms, suggests that you are developing new strengths and taking on new roles. You may be growing emotionally.

To see an appealing or comfortable room in your dream, signifies opulence and satisfaction in life.

To see a dark, eerie or confining room, denotes that that you feel trapped or repressed in a situation.

from http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/r3.htm

Angi L.

11:58 PM, September 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->