Friday, September 23, 2005

Movin' Along
Last Tuesday a friend said she had two tickets for Movin' Out this weekend and she couldn't use them. I graciously took them off her hands and set about finding a date. (James didn't want to go because he's doing a triathlon this weekend and needed the rest). I scored a most excellent date and we headed off for our big night out. The crowd was moderately dense, though not well dressed, but we easily found our superfantastic box seats not far from the stage. We nestled in and chatted as we waited for the show to begin. One minute before curtain, a foursome approached us and said we were in their seats. Impossible, we said, and we showed our tickets. Our tickets were clearly for our seats and we were somewhat annoyed that they were so persistant. We looked at their tickets and they were for our seats, too. Hmmm.

Just as I was suggesting we see the usher about this problem, one of their party exclaimed, "Your tickets are for Movin' Out. That's next week!"

I looked at my ticket in utter astonishment. "September 30," plain as day. She was right!!!!

Our heads hung low, we moved on out of there. Tonight's show? George Carlin. No thank you.

The kind usher was ever so apologetic for not noticing sooner, but I don't blame him. Hopefully my date will be as forgiving of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->