Saturday, November 26, 2005

Dem Bones
Colin set up shop again today. He took all the bones from his new skeleton game and divided them up into little cups according to their type. There were bowls of skulls, feet, spinal cords...you get the idea. Each bowl had a price tag attached (10 cents), and there was a sign that said "Open" on one side and "Closed" on the other. He waited patiently for customers to arrive.

At one point, while I was putting lights on our tree, I heard him sigh a loud and heavy sigh. "I've worked so hard to open this bone store and nobody will shop here. I need a job."

From the adjoining room, Spencer replied, "You have a job. You work at the bone store."

Colin said, "But nobody will buy anything. I will go out of business."

Feeling a little guilty, I went shopping. I told him I would take one of each type of bone and asked if he could hold them for me while I went to the bank for money. No problem, but he suggested I might want more than one of each. You see, if I got two of some things, I could make an entire skeleton.

Sold.

When I returned with my money, he had bagged my bones in a zip lock bag and written a receipt. He suggested I might want to think about buying extra bones in case I ever lost any. I told him I would consider it.

A little later, I heard him trying to talk Spencer into buying some bones. He pointed out that Spencer had a lot of money in his bank. Spencer said, "Well, I'm not going to use that to buy BONES!!" The Colin suggested he buy some for his Daddy. Spencer agreed to buy Daddy a skull, and Colin then talked him into a spinal cord to go with it! Amazing.

By the end of the day, Colin had made 240 cents. (He said, "Look how much cents I have!")

I'm guessing Colin will grow up to be a teen-aged door-to-door magazine salesman.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->