Friday, March 31, 2006

Today was a big day for Colin: his first Speedstacking contest. We've been waiting for months for this day to arrive, and this week has been very exciting. This morning, Spencer told me he was going to go wake up Colin so he could practice, and he did. Colin was a bundle of energy. He got dressed, fixed his hair and stacked until it was time to leave.

On the long drive out there we chattered about how exciting it was to go to his first contest ever. We wondered if anyone would be faster than him. We talked about how things would be set up and how many chances he would have. When we got there, the seatbelt flew off and he was anxiously waiting to get out of the car so we could run in.

Once inside, we approached the welcome desk and asked the two women to direct us to the contest. The nice lady (the other lady was rude) said, "That was yesterday."

My face fell and I heard the beginnings of weeping beside me. It was as if I was suddenly turned to stone.

Colin and I returned to the van, our heads hung low and both of us in tears. I let down my little boy. We were both devastated. I hugged him and apologized and he said he knew it wasn't my fault. He said it as if he was trying to convince himself...I mean, how could Mommy ever let him down? I told him I didn't know what happened, but if it was my fault I was very, very sorry and sad.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's such a sad, sad story. I hope there's another one very soon!

Angi L.

2:15 PM, March 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->