Sunday, June 18, 2006


Camp ended Friday night and I'm still not fully recovered. These are a few mementos...beads earned, a feather for Colin's walking stick, a friendship bracelet, a little fence (it came off the napkin holder), some tooled leather, a giant seed pod, and the ever-useful bandana!

Speaking of bandanas, you should never camp without 'em! You can get them wet and tie them around your neck to cool down, you can wrap up your lunch or your crafts and tie them to your walking stick, you can use them for a placemat and then a napkin, you can cover your mouth when the wind comes sweeping down the dusty plain...they are just invaluable!

So, anyway, camp was great. Our group (the Lumberjacks) won the spirit award, which was the only award given to the scouts. I think we may have won because we had a great cheer for roll call. It was: "We are the lumberjacks, the mighty, mighty lumberjacks, and we....LOVE....CAMP!!!!" The boys each earned 5 belt loops and completed about 10 electives.

Colin woke up Saturday morning and put on his Scout uniform for the day. Too cute. He then proceeded to conduct camp for Spencer so Spencer could earn beads and become a "pre-Scout." Also, Colin wanted to see what it was like to be a camp leader. Colin and Spencer have been playing camp all weekend and Spencer has learned a good amount of beads!

If you have a Scout, I would highly recommend going to camp. It was fun and an incredible motivator!
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you got spammed, my dear. It stinks, doesn't it? And we were just talking about that on pootv. Have you thought about adding Askimet to suppliment your spam precautions?

Anyway, I have fond memories of camping as a Cub Scout at good ol' Camp Kickapoo. I'm not sure if that is still around. It has been a long time.

4:52 AM, June 20, 2006  
Blogger Jan said...

Mike -That was my first spam since Blogger gave us word verification...I hadn't heard of akimet, so I'll check that out.

Colin's camp WAS at Camp Kickapoo! As I understand it, the only thing that has changed is the pool in "dead" and unrepairable. They are hoping someone will donate a pool and, if they do, they'll have naming rights.

Anybody??

8:25 AM, June 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Akismet is free with registration. It has its quirks when you first install it. It was putting my comments as spam. :-) After about a week, it got used to it and it works fine now. I spelled it wrong too. It's www.akismet.com

My most enjoyable time at Camp Kickapoo was the archery. I actually didn't care for the pool, mainly because I couldn't swim at the time. :-)

11:16 AM, June 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->