Saturday, July 15, 2006

I'm back on line!! Woo Hoo!!!

My friend Dan is trying to coach me through a big blog change...but I'm a poor computer student, so don't be surprised if he deletes my entire blog and sends me away.

Today was a big day for our family: Colin's first triathlon. We left home at 7:00 this morning and took him to UCO where he swam 100 meters, cycled 5 kilometers and ran 1 kilometer! He did a great job and even smiled the whole way! He is very proud of himself and we are very proud of him. He said he is ready for the next triathlon (even if it is today). I think he may take after his daddy.

We found two kittens living in our garage this week. The mommy has been camping out here for several months and hid her kittens from us for two or three weeks. They are very cute, but afraid of humans. I caught the little orange tabby (male) yesterday and held it for a couple hours. He is still so young his eyes are a little glazed and his walking is steady but unsure. I think he warmed up to me. He fell asleep on me a few times. I'm still trying to sneek up on the gray kitten. I think they'll be beautiful cats, so I'm trying to domesticate them for YOU! Anyone interested?

Compared to weeks past, we had a fairly slow and relaxed week. We're trying to take it easy in July, so there will be lots of home time...time for getting bored and getting creative. Well, at least for the kids. I ALWAYS have something to do. In fact, I always have 5 things to do.

For much more information on Rwanda, please visit Into Rwanda. Exciting things are happening!

2 Comments:

Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

So glad you are back online.

Why do you always have so many kittens to give away?

;+ )

I think it's kind of weird.

*grin*

Do you?


later...

3:30 AM, July 16, 2006  
Blogger Jan said...

Well, the first batch of kittens were at a friend's house. I was only providing a public service announcement for them. So, really, it isn't so very weird. But, I must say, the weird thing is that these are the first kittens to appear on our premises considering James' propensity for feeding every creature that isn't locked up in someone else's home!

4:54 PM, July 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->