Friday, October 06, 2006

Okay, until someone prompts me on a subject, I'll just share some random observations from my day:

1) I saw a man (a man!) riding down my street on a skateboard, on two wheels with his hands up in the air. He was really enjoying himself! Too funny.

2) For some reason, if you offer me a dum dum lollipop (aka "sucker") as you ask me for a donation, you can be pretty sure I'll decline both.

3) So, I come up to a left turn lane, which is quite full and has a red light, and I notice a nice woman trying to turn left across the turn lane. Being the generous person I am, I left a large space between me and the car in front of me so as not to block her in. She waited and waited for the chance to cross, and just as it came, two (TWO) rude men swung in front of me in line and blocked the intersection! She and I just looked at each other in total disbelief! You know what really made me mad? Those men probably thought it was me that was the idiot because I didn't pull all the way forward. Either that or they are just scum sucking scum bag scum. Not that it bothered me in any way. (Oh, yeah, and I missed the turn light because of them, too! They didn't miss it, though, they just sped through the yellow/red light). Jerks.

4) On to brighter things! My kitchen is clean. Yay!

5) There is lots of new stuff to read and see at Into Rwanda. Have you visited lately?

6) 81 degrees is okay, but shouldn't something in the 60s or 70s be required for October?

7) What do you think of this news? We have a new family at our school. Why? Their child was in another private school here in the city and attended a 4th grade (going into 5th) co-ed swimming party where the parents allowed skinny dipping. You read that right. When asked what they were thinking and why they would allow it, the parents said skinny dipping is wildly popular, a fact of life, and it is better for the children to experience it with adult supervision than just wait and do it on their own.

8) Did you get your jaw off the floor yet?

9) I haven't.

10) All the other parents thought the questioning parents were prudes. They saw they were swimming upstream (so to speak), so they just changed schools.

11) Oh, wait, I said I'd move on to brighter things.

12) Um. Hmmm.

13) OH, yes. Here's one. I got a $50 gift card to Pottery Barn last year and then I lost it! I found it in my glove box this week and went shopping! Yay! I got a cool clock and a pitcher. Happy Happy. Don't you just love Pottery Barn?

14) And here is another thing: Mardel has a 90% off table where I found jars that I use in my kitchen! They cost just $1.00 each!! Woo Hoo.

15) Life is good.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. My jaw is still on the floor.

Judy

www.judyh58.blogspot.com

8:28 PM, October 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suggestion for something to write about: Make up definitions for the cookey "word verification" that is displayed at the end of these postings. For example, the word I'm being asked to type below is "sdxgdl". Define that.

1:45 PM, October 07, 2006  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

Hey Jan...

I think you're doing just fine.

later...

6:14 PM, October 07, 2006  
Blogger Connie said...

Skinny dipping is a "fact of life"? What the... I thought the facts of life were things that were not controllable like death, disease, seasons of the year - not skinny dipping. I can't think of any fact of life I missed because I didn't skinny dip. Wow, I mean wow. Just because you can do something, doesn't mean that you should do that something.

3:31 PM, October 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->