Sunday, April 22, 2007

So, the boys and I had lunch at the Pizza Hut today. Afterward I went to pay and the clerk, about 20 years old, asked for my ID. As she completed my transaction, she said, "Wow. 44." I thought it an odd statement, but she didn't look at me so I said nothing. Then she said, "We haven't had very many customers today."

I replied, "You mean, not many 44-year-old customers???"

"No," she said, "I mean you're ticket number 44."

"Oh," I laughed, "When you said '44' I thought you were commenting on my age!"

She laughed along with me and then said, "No, no, no. My mother is 37 and you don't look nearly as bad as her."



I kid you not.

8 Comments:

Blogger Dana~Are We There Yet? said...

Now don't you just want to cross-stitch that on a sampler?

Fun times. Fun times, indeed.

7:52 PM, April 22, 2007  
Blogger Robin said...

Was that the Pizza Hut on Danforth? Because seriously, I will stay away from there if it is.

We've turned into CiCi's people anyway. I think we're still in shock over seeing a clean CiCi's where there isn't gum on every square inch of the floor.

8:06 AM, April 23, 2007  
Blogger Barbie said...

Oh geez I am 37! Does that mean I have a child old enough to actually have a job??? oh my word!!

8:32 PM, April 23, 2007  
Blogger Judy said...

I feel your pain.

I once taught a journalism/yearbook class at my son's middle school.

I brought along my yearbook for inspiration.

One girl looked at my senior picture and announced - GEE! You USED to be pretty!

You've taken away my hope though. I thought that if I moved south I might find kids with better manners.

10:57 PM, April 25, 2007  
Blogger Jan said...

Funny thing is, Judy, she was obviously trying to be nice....she just had a little Freudian slip there, I guess. You should still move south (at least to Oklahoma, that is.)

11:04 PM, April 25, 2007  
Blogger It's me, T.J. said...

**LOL**

10:45 PM, April 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't want to miss the whole point of the story, but, You're not 44. You're 43.


Right?

Angi

4:27 PM, April 30, 2007  
Blogger Jan said...

Well, yes, I am 43...but I assumed she just saw the year and calculated 44.

My blogging friends always remember my age even better than I do. What's up with that? I guess blog readers are THE BEST!

4:55 PM, April 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->