Thursday, July 29, 2004

Decisions, Decisions.
Colin came to me late last night with a serious concern.  "Mommy," he said with a worried look on his face, "I don't know what to do.  Samantha and Lydia both want to marry me and I don't know which one to choose.  I can't marry both of them, and I just don't know what to do.  I think it should be your choice." 

I put my arm around him and said, "Well, do you love both of them?" 

He said, "Yes.  And I just don't know what to do."

I advised, "Well, here's the thing.  You can't get married until you're at least 18, so you don't have to decide until then.  You could tell Lydia and Samantha that you'll decide then."

Still worried, he replied, "No.  I need to decide now.  They want to know.  And I can't decide.  I want it to be your choice.  Who do you choose, Lydia or Samantha?"

"Colin, it must be your choice.  They are both good choices, but you have to decide.  But you have a lot of time to decide."

He decided to ask his daddy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->